Do you find yourself thinking constantly about the negatives in your life? Do you lie awake at night reviewing your interactions of the day, wondering what you could have handled better? Are you constantly hypothesizing about things over which you have no control?
Wouldn’t it be nice to find some inner calm and be free of worries and problems?
Although peace of mind is nice, it takes work. Following are some tips to get you started.
- Accept what you can’t change.
- Don’t hold grudges. They will only hurt you further.
- Try to increase your tolerance. Be more patient, and accept people for who they are – shortcomings and all.
- Try not to take things too personally.
- Be deliberate in your breathing or practice meditation.
- Maintain a positive and quiet environment, which can elicit relaxation.
- Position yourself comfortably, whether you are sitting or standing.
- Silently or quietly, repeat a word or phrase rooted in your belief system.