Chief Information Officer
Wendy Cofran is Chief Information Officer for Century Health Systems, Inc., the parent company of Natick Visiting Nurse Association (Natick VNA) and Distinguished Care Options (DCO). In this role, Ms. Cofran is focused on enhancing quality, improving safety, reducing costs and increasing efficiency in healthcare through the strategic application of information technology.
Ms. Cofran has extensive experience in systems management; risk management; CRM; Electronic Medical Records (EMR) systems; software and hardware contract evaluation; and review and business process analysis, all of which she has applied to the home health care industry throughout her career.
Under Ms. Cofran’s leadership, Century Health Systems and its affiliates have consistently been on the cutting-edge of healthcare technology. Some examples include:
- Natick VNA – First Brightree customer to launch industry-leading iPad EMR application (2014)
- Distinguished Care Options – Built and launched custom Private Duty homecare
application built on the Salesforce Platform, allowing all staff to document on an iPad mini solution (2014)
- Century Health Systems – Created and launched custom Referral Management application built on the Salesforce Platform, reducing duplication of data entry and costs associated with unauthorized visits from HMOs; application increases the timeliness of patient care as well as access to critical clinical information. (2012)
- Natick VNA – First customer to utilize eHomecare/CareAnyware, one of the healthcare industry’s first cloud-based EMR solutions (2001)
- Natick VNA – One of the first home health agencies in New England to implement laptop technology for all of its clinical visiting staff (1994)
Additionally, Ms. Cofran is responsible for the organization’s adherence to strict security and confidentiality of PHI through the company’s adoption of all forms of communication technology. A highly-regarded data security firm commended Century Health Systems following an extensive audit of the organization’s data protection.
Ms. Cofran currently sits on the Executive Advisory Council for Brightree. In this capacity, she recommends software enhancements as well as process improvement and collaboration within the solution. She previously served in this role for other EMR vendors throughout her career.
Ms. Cofran has presented at two Boston-based Salesforce events, HealthForce Boston and HealthForce for the CIO/CTO, focusing on technology and collaboration in the healthcare industry.
Ms. Cofran is a member of the Technology Committee of Visiting Nurse Associations of New England (VNANE), an organization of independent VNAs designed to promote business for its members.
Her leadership extends beyond the workplace into her roles as a member of the Providence College Boston President’s Council and Providence College Athletic Department’s Vision Team for Women’s Athletics. She is also engaged as a community resource for concussion awareness and education and mild traumatic brain injuries in athletes.
A graduate of Providence College, Ms. Cofran holds a Bachelor of Arts in Social Science.