The socialtweenz essential workshop, which is geared to children aged eight to 12, will provide attendees valuable social, communication and life skills. Such skills include how to make a good first impression; effective communication; how to navigate their independence; living with gratitude; and dining skills. Appropriate for kids ages 8 – 12.
2-part workshop featuring 4 hours of instruction
*kidz:-) and tweenz:-) run simultaneously, but led by separate instructors
There is a maximum of 8 children per group.
In this two session workshop series, tweenz learn social and communication skills in-person, on the phone, and online. Tweenz will gain valuable life skills, such as shaking hands with confidence, being smart on the Internet, and engaging others in conversation. The workshop includes a hands-on dining event and an excursion to put the skills to use. Each class is two hours.
make a good first impression
- The art of face-to-face interaction
- Mastering the handshake
- Greeting others and making introductions
- Engaging in conversation
- Taking initiative and responsibility
- The value of organization, timeliness and preparation
- Being mindful of others, including family, friends, and strangers
- Applying thoughtfulness and patience day-to-day
use your smartz online
- Becoming an expert navigator of the web
- How to write a professional email
- Combating cyber-bullying and other Internet issues
eat in, dine out
- Attending a dinner party at a restaurant or someone’s home
- Setting the table and using utensils properly
- How to carry on a dinner conversation
- How to make a toast
- The importance of expressing gratitude